Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Monday visit to Wyver

A cold and blustery day today saw me again down Wyver. The male Stonechat which I recently photographed is still present having been elusive for a few days. Wigeon have been increasing steadily of late into the low 60's but today I could only muster 16. Teal numbers however which have been quite low lately peaked at 48 today. One of which I managed to photograph.
                                                             Drake Teal

No Barn Owl again this evening and it's nearly a week since it's been seen. The roost was a little disappointing with only 3 Goosander and 14 Tufties. The one remaining blue morph Snow Goose did come in though with c140 Greylags. Over 100 Lapwings are still present and the only other thing of real note was a couple of Ravens that flew through. The pair of Oystercatchers were feeding on the near bank enabling me to get this shot.

                                                          Pair of Oycs

No comments:

Post a Comment