I was a bit lucky yesterday. I arrived down Wyver around 14.30 and upon arrival I did my usual and scanned the main pool. I normally spend a while on the lane before heading for the hide and eventually making my way to the viewing mound. But within minutes of me being there a couple who had been on the mound walked towards me and told me that they had seen a Bittern showing well on the top pool. So instead of grilling the main pool I made my way to the mound. And there was the Bittern in its full glory posing in the sunshine. I quickly set up my scope and got my phone out and fired off a few shots.
Still no Barn Owl and it's been over a week now since it's been seen. A sure sign that spring is almost upon us is the fact there was only 1 Goosander that came into roost. Although there was 23 Tufties. A number I have had several times recently. An impressive 18 Gadwall were spread around the pools which shows the importance of Wyver for this species.
No comments:
Post a Comment